Day 8 and FEELIN' GREAT!!!

My weekly Monday morning iced-coffee photo that really illustrates nothing...lol
I have a love/hate relationship with Mondays.  I enjoy my job, and Mondays are usually a day where I get to do the stuff I enjoy doing at work (as opposed to my overnight shifts where sometimes I have to do things that I were prefer not to do).  So I look forward to Mondays.  BUT... like anyone else, I hate when the weekend ends!

"Sticking to it" this weekend went GREAT!  I had a 1/2 cup of rice in my taco bowl, and we put a little honey in our coconut shrimp batter, but all of those are still whole foods, and we kept it to a minimum, so YAY US!  In the past, we have always had a "cheat day."  This time, since my current goal was is just stick to this for a month, I decided on no cheat days.  This was a little scary.  But you know what I have learned. 
  • Cheat days are BULLSHIT.  
  • Cheat days are just terrible.  
  • Cheat days are wrong.  
  • Cheat days teach you to look forward to a day of gluttony.  
  • Cheat days tell your brain that those are the "good foods" that you look forward to all week.   
  • Cheat days make you have to "start all over again" EVERY WEEK.  Starting in the first place is hard enough!  
  • Cheat days allow you to eat foods that are SCIENTIFICALLY ENGINEERED to make your body crave more, making you literally have to withdraw/detox from all that shit every week.  AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO THAT! 
  • Cheat days always have leftovers that you feel guilty about throwing away (you know... all those starving children in Africa ....or Detroit.), that stare you in the face the next morning begging you to just finish them off to get them out of the house.
EVERY TIME I have gone back to unhealthy eating, it has been when a 'cheat day' turned into a 'cheat weekend,' turned into a 'well we don't anything 'good' in the house Monday morning so let's start tomorrow,' turned into a, 'well I am super busy at work and haven't had time to grocery shop yet, so we may as well just call it off for this week..............'  Every. Time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

Snags and Moms and Babies and Love