Home and Vegetarian and I love my kids!!

We are home from our vacation! It was a fantastic trip with lots of relaxation and lots of fun and lots of FOOD!! Too much food....lol!! There are soooooo many options that we don't have up here. And there is Krispy Kreme. Ahhhhh... Krispy Kreme. I almost cried today when I Krispy Kreme app flashed on that the donuts were hot and ready at the location nearest to my Mom's house. I need to delete that damned app. As penance and to cleanse ourselves from our decadence, we are eating vegetarian for a week. Jessi talks constantly about wanting to go vegan, and with her already having to eat gluten-free, I said no to her as our lives and grocery bills are already slave to her dietary needs. So I wanted us to "make-up" for eating crap all week and decided this was a good way to do it. Before I left Lonnie was on a green smoothie kick, and I was reluctantly on board, but now I am fully on board. The are actually pretty good now that he has experimented enough to find the way I like them. My goto is 1 apple, 2 carrots, 2 cups of spinach, and lime or lemon juice (for flavor and because we read that in order to get the benefits of the spinach without cooking, citrus must be present) and water. Depending on the sweetness factor of the apple, a little honey might be needed.

Speaking of Jessi... I freaking love my kids! They are AWESOME to travel with. The are funny, entertain themselves, and pretty much never complain. We took an overnight trip to Louisville two hours there and back and there was not ONE "Are we there yet?" Not. Even. One. Our flight was delayed on the way home and my kids took it better than most of the adults on the plane. Obviously they are silly and wild and sometimes a menace to society.... But as travelers, they RULE!!!



Comments

  1. Isn't it great when the kids can travel and stay nice throughout...My son travels well too and I love it! As to the going vegan, good luck! I like my sirloin steaks too much to try but I do like my veggies! Glad y'all had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying
    to get started and create my own. Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

    My web site: weight loss diets

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

Let it snow.....