20 Things To Let Go Of Before The New Year

Here are 20 things to let go of in order to reach unlimited happiness.
1. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
For me it's self-doubt at work (this one is already almost gone).  Worry that I am not being the mom that Sean needs. (The kid is a handful fo SHO!)  
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
I don't think I am ready for this one yet.  Or ready to do the things I truly want to do. I am a mom, and that is my job right now.  So sure... there are lots of things I truly want to do, but most conflict with the whole Mom thing.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
I don't think I am plagued by this one.  I am more likely to just JUMP in and worry about the consequences later.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
I have no regrets.  Everything that has happened in my life made me who I am today and I am happy with that person.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
Hahahahaha.  Yeah right.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
No issues here either.  In fact I go to the other extreme and take responsibility for everything and think I have control over EVERYTHING so it's ALL MY FAULT when things go wrong.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
I know I matter... but I also know I am damaged.  Maybe damaged is the wrong word??  And does the world need me "just as I am"?  So nobody should try to work on their "issues"?
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
I will....eventually. Right now my only dream is to raise strong, independent kids.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
But.... But.... I like being the "go-to person."  I can definitely work on this one and really need to with the kids and at work.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
I believe this.
11. Let go of thinking there's a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
Working hard on this one.  Judgement woven thickly into my personality... it's hard to untangle that thread from the rest.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
Easier said than done.  I also don't even know HOW to move on.  Just when I think I HAVE moved on... something creeps in my head and I realize that I haven't.  Example:  Last night I had a dream that Lonnie was on the computer and when I walked by, he quickly closed the page he was on.  I told him about the dream this morning and we talked about trust.  I said that it was just a dream and that I trusted him completely.  He just looked at me in "that way" ...and I knew I had to clarify with "....well as much as I can trust anybody."  I don't know how to trust.  Or why, even, to trust completely.  That just seems naive.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
Didn't we already pretty much cover this one?
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
Already took this journey.... √
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you've done the best you can, and that's enough.
LOL... I am getting bored of this list.  Yeah yeah yeah.....
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
Uh-huh....
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
I'll keep that in mind.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
I don't think this is an issue for me.  
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!
YES!!!!

Well that started out fun and got kinda redundant and boring.  (That's what she said.) I think my take-away from this list is to "live and let live."   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff