Goodbye dear friend......

I have drank... drunken? my last fountain soda.  It happened on Friday after weeks of deliberating and then a movie that put me over the edge called 'Hungry for Change" that just added fuel to my fire about the shut I put in my body and the bodies of the people I love.

Here is just a snippet of what the movie shed light on... 'Seven side effects of diet soda'. Obviously I have heard all this before, but where this has been on my mind awhile, this time it really got lodged into my brain.

Why does this deserve a whole blog post??  Well because a HUGE part of my hesitancy to quit is that I feel like my morning fountain soda is part of who I am!  It's my "thing" ....and everyone knows it!  Stopping at the store, filling that cup with just the right amount of ice and then bringing my soda to work and drinking it until exactly 10am at break time where I finish it off and refill the cup with water... It's all my thing!!  My daily ritual!!  So this is huge for me!!  I am replacing this with a new iced coffee ritual.  It will give me no chemicals, a whole serving of milk, and control over what I use for sweeteners (sugar for now but I plan on tinkering with natural options).   The only bummer there is I am almost out of my delicious Mexican vanilla and I have no trips to Mexico planned anytime soon!

Comments

  1. I think you can order the good vanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! I've quit soda's for awhile...I have about one a week (if that) and the rest of the time I drink water. It wasn't easy but it can be done! As to the Vanilla yes you can order it online...I'm lucky as I can get it here in the stores :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to drink 'several' dunkin' donuts iced coffees with extra milk/sugar every day. But then I realized those were alot of calories. I switched to iced tea, black, regular (but decaf would be ok) - mine's with splenda (but could use stevia, or something else?) ZERO calories. I have a great big 'Starbucks' plastic insulated cup with straw and carry it everywhere… and I guess I'm known for that (and shoes of course!). I brew 3 quarts of Tetley British Blend (no tags on the bags, makes it easier) tea in my Mr. Coffee iced tea maker every other day or so - and I make it extra strong. When I pour I fill my cup with ice and then fill 1/2 with tea and then fill the rest of the way with cold (filtered) water. For calcium, on doctors orders I munch 2 extra strength Tums every day. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

Snags and Moms and Babies and Love