The Mermaid Who Couldn't Swim

Craig's Pond 7/12/15
It's no secret that I am counting the days until I from from Maine.  But sometimes... in the summer, and especially in the fall, I pre-maturely wax nostalgic about this place and it's beauty.   Especially now that I have a partner who loves to be out-and-about with me ad
venturing and stuff!



Peaks Kenny 7/11/15
Something you may not know..... I am a mermaid.  I could swim all day long, every day, and then go swim some more.  If the Ursula the Sea Witch offered Arielle and I a chance to swap lives,  I'm not sure I could refuse.  What's odd about my being a mermaid, is that while I am completely comfortable, and a strong swimmer even in the deepest of ocean, lake or pool waters, I am not good at it.  When I go to the pool to swim laps, I spend a LOT of time staring at the other lap swimmers with their perfect rhythmic breathing and steady pace and I have no id
Playa Del Carmen March 2015
ea how to do this, despite a lifetime of trying.  I mentioned this to Lonnie last week and he exclaimed, "ME TOO!  I have always wanted to be able to swim like that and maybe even do a triathlon or something!"

The Y offers some 'competitive swimming' classes and even personal lessons, so we are going to sign up.  I am uncomfortable with this plan and feel silly, and to me that makes it EVEN MORE important that we do this!!


I'm not sure if this is an "old dog, new tricks" thing, or what?  Let's see if this old bitch can learn to swim with the big dogs!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff