No badass bitches here....

Congratulations on being a judgmental bitch?
So... I read this article today "The Massive Fitness Trend That's Not Actually Healthy at All"  (Not exactly the best title ever since it really tells you nothing about what the article is actually going to talk about, but I clicked it anyway)

I think I  would have called it, "Bad Ass or Bust."  I related SO HARD to this article.  SO. HARD.  I am CONSTANTLY wanting to "Be a runner."  "Be a Crossfitter."  "Be an MMA fighter." However since those are very intense things to train for, and I am not a very intense person, instead I do nothing.  Or to me what feels like nothing.  There is a part of me that feels like a loser when I just swim, lift weights a little, and do Zumba.  I feel like those things I just listed.... those things that I enjoy, and actually DO.... don't matter.  They don't matter because I don't look or feel like this when I am done.
 
Um, HELLO!?  I am NEVER going to look like that.  And there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!  I know people that do this stuff and look like this.  In all areas of their life, they are intense, driven, and focused.  It's natural for them to be this way in their fitness life as well.
Of the aforementioned traits....  I have zero.  I am laid-back.... lackadaisical... and honestly... kinda lazy ;-)  I need to learn to stop daydreaming that someday my entire personality will change and I will become focused, driven, and intense and train 4 hours a day to become an MMA fighter or a marathon runner.  I couldn't even type that sentence without laughing.  I can barely last through an hour long Zumba class even though I love it because I am bored and want to move onto something else!  ...and I LOVE ZUMBA! 

It's time to embrace who I am and what I like to do.... so from today on my Pinterest shall be not filled with badass, do or die, no pain no gain bullshit, and more stuff like THIS....
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Lazy-Girl-Fitness-Tips-36267366?crlt.pid=camp.zaIL7oZb10oF

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/workouts-that-allow-you-to-watch-an-ungodly-amount-of-tel?bffbdiy#.njKrk1wJyv

NOW THESE.... I can do!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff