Puppy happenings

We finally pulled the trigger after months of going back and forth about bringing a new dog into the family.  Her name is Luna and she is an 8 week old Golden Retriever.  I have kinda always wanted a Golden, and I LOVE my Mom's Golden, but honestly a Golden would not have been my first choice.  BUT..... I am in a relationship now that actually requires me to compromise, rather than 'do whatever I want and who gives a shit what you think.' Lonnie has never had a big dog before and was concerned about my first choice, a German Shepherd, being more for an experienced dog owner.  Then he saw a lady jogging with a 6 month old Golden pup and that was it.... I knew we would be getting a Golden ;-)

One of the major contributing factors to our decision was Sean.  It's no secret that he has been having a rough time since the divorce and missing his dogs that stayed with Rick has been a constant source of pain for him.  Jessi and Sean have always been playmates and Jessi is home less and less... and will soon be leaving for college (or not college... we aren't quite sure and that is a WHOLE other blog!), and it's very obvious that Sean is feeling that loss. (Of course if you asked him about it he would vehemently deny deny deny!!)  We also just felt like he needed something to get him out there, off the couch... out of video game land.

So puppy time it is.  It's going very well with housebreaking.  Surprisingly well actually.  The breeders did a great job getting them started.  We did have a casualty of Sean's good Ps4 headset that he bought with his own money... not good.  Hopefully Sean learned the much needed lesson about putting his stuff away since obviously my telling him 4532 times didn't work ;-)


Comments

  1. Very happy for all of you and the new addition to your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff