CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas used to be my jam.  I was SOOOOO into it!!  I started pre-gaming for Black Friday the second the leaves started to turn!

Then I got divorced and everything changed.  The kids have to go here and there and everywhere and we have to schedule in Christmas.  Rick and I always had a giant rager of Christmas party that I always looked very forward to with all of our friends and that's gone.  We always got up WELL BEFORE DAWN and headed over to his parent's house for presents, food (CRAB DIP!), and fun... then after a nap.... LOBSTAH DINNAH!  ....and for me, that's all gone.  And coincidentally, right around divorce time, the kids got older and less into toys that required me to line up and freeze my ass off with a bunch of other crazy people at midnight. These days they are more into clothes and pricey things, and their presents are divided between here and Rick's house, with the result being the 'under-the-tree- space looking more sparse with a few 'big things' than abundant with tons of 'little things.'  (yeah yeah yeah Christmas is supposed to be about family and love and blah blah blah go away)

The past few years I have tried to make new traditions and stuff, but honestly it's been a half-assed effort.  Let's be real.  I've spent the past few Holiday seasons sulking, moping, and being ridiculous. Very 'If I can't have the Christmas the way I love then I don't want it at all!!!!  SO THERE!'













Yesterday the kids (lol... @ "kids" since one of them is 20) and I were at Target and they ran into the Christmas section and were ALL about it, while I said things like, "Do I REALLY have to decorate?  It's just a nuisance."  Holy crap I am a jerk.  I thought about it all last night and sent this to Jessi this morning...

So it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!!!!!!  LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff