Maturity.... who knew!?

Whoa.  I saw this on Pinterest this morning and was all.... "DAMNIT... I've MATURED!???  Who wants to be MATURE!!??"  LOL  ....but alas.  It happened and I didn't even know it.

Things at work have been a bit on the rough side lately... this past week in particular, and I have shockingly taken it all in stride.  In fact, during the worst of it, I was able to "check myself before I wrecked myself" ;-)  I also spent a lot more time thinking about the fact that other people have their own shit... and not everything is about me... and guess what!?  I CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!!  I have been working on mastering this since the divorce, and honestly.  I think I am there!  I CAN'T control anyone but me.  And that's GREAT because it means that I also am not responsible for every bad thing that happens in the universe ;-)

I have decided to ride this maturity wave like a champ.  I turn 40 this year and I am totally cool with that!  40 is going to be my year of merging who I want to me with who I AM... and I honestly don't even have far to go as I am pretty much there.  This is going to get long but....  I have whole other story on this topic!!!!

The other day I was trying to avoid going to the gym because I was taking a new class that I hadn't taken before and trying new things is freaky!  Also... it was going to be a nuisance because my little naughty boy had a homework detention, so I was going to have to drive all the way back to bring him home and then allllllll the way back to the gym.  Then this happened:

See that part where I said, "LOL I don't even do that anymore"  I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!!!  I can't even REMEMBER the last time I was all bummed out about my appearance... my body... my fat.  It was a bizarre revelation to realize that I have accepted myself for who I am.  And that before all of this, I thought that meant "giving up."  IT DOESN'T!!!!  Actually I am working just as hard as ever to tone shit up and stay active... but NOT because I hate who I am... but because I LOVE how being active makes me feel inside AND out!! 

So... I guess all this hippy dippy shit journey I have been taking ACTUALLY is leading me in the right direction.  WOO HOO!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISO home for my 50 extra pounds

The small stuff

RLS and stuff